Make homemade Butterbeer and put on a Harry Potter movie! This recipe is so easy that even kids can make it. It makes about 6 servings depending on how generously you pour. And just a tip, you can absolutely make this with only the first 3 ingredients if you do not want to do the fluffy topping. Kids (and adults) get a kick out of getting a foam mustache, but it’s still fun and buttery without the topping.
- a 2-liter bottle of cream soda, chilled
- a 1-oz bottle of imitation butter flavoring (I know, it’s weird, I’m sorry)
- 3 teaspoons of rum extract (this is half of a 1-oz bottle)
- 1 7-oz jar of marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- Open the 2-liter bottle of cream soda. Open the butter flavoring and pour the whole thing in. (If you are halving the recipe, that is equivalent to 1 tablespoon butter flavor for 1 liter of soda.)
- Measure out 2 teaspoons of rum extract and add to the soda.
- Put the lid back on the soda bottle and slowly rotate the bottle a few times to combine the flavorings with the soda. Of course you don’t want to shake it too vigorously and create a carbonation disaster when you open the bottle later. Gently rotate!
- Using an electric beater, or mixer, or food processor, combine the marshmallow fluff, whipping cream, and 1 teaspoon of rum extract. Mix it up until it’s the fluffiness you like.
- Pour the cream soda mixture into glasses and top with cream topping. Enjoy!
(Image credit: bhofack2)
You might also like these posts…
Normally on Wednesdays I like to do a photo-only Wordless Wednesday, but today I am telling you about a photo/video account that I know you will love. on TikTok: @SantaJClaus on Instagram: @Santa_J_Claus This is the most wholesome, heartwarming, uplifting, seriously...
Drop a starlight peppermint into the bottom of your coffee cup before you add the coffee. The hot coffee melts the candy and adds instant peppermint flavor to your morning brew! (Image credit: mypstudio) You might also like these posts...
Scrubs season 1, episode 11, "My Own Personal Jesus" is a moving Christmas episode in which Turk has a crisis of his Christian faith when he witnesses grief in the hospital on Christmas Eve. A Christmas miracle results in a happy ending. Even if you have not seen...