Make homemade Butterbeer and put on a Harry Potter movie! This recipe is so easy that even kids can make it. It makes about 6 servings depending on how generously you pour. And just a tip, you can absolutely make this with only the first 3 ingredients if you do not want to do the fluffy topping. Kids (and adults) get a kick out of getting a foam mustache, but it’s still fun and buttery without the topping.
- a 2-liter bottle of cream soda, chilled
- a 1-oz bottle of imitation butter flavoring (I know, it’s weird, I’m sorry)
- 3 teaspoons of rum extract (this is half of a 1-oz bottle)
- 1 7-oz jar of marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- Open the 2-liter bottle of cream soda. Open the butter flavoring and pour the whole thing in. (If you are halving the recipe, that is equivalent to 1 tablespoon butter flavor for 1 liter of soda.)
- Measure out 2 teaspoons of rum extract and add to the soda.
- Put the lid back on the soda bottle and slowly rotate the bottle a few times to combine the flavorings with the soda. Of course you don’t want to shake it too vigorously and create a carbonation disaster when you open the bottle later. Gently rotate!
- Using an electric beater, or mixer, or food processor, combine the marshmallow fluff, whipping cream, and 1 teaspoon of rum extract. Mix it up until it’s the fluffiness you like.
- Pour the cream soda mixture into glasses and top with cream topping. Enjoy!
(Image credit: bhofack2)
You might also like these posts…
Here are 5 ideas for movies to watch to get ready for autumn. Well, 4 movies and a TV series. All 4 movies are currently available to rent on Amazon for $3.99 each (affiliate links below). (1) You’ve Got Mail - a classic... This is the one that has the famous fall...
Last night my kids and I watched The Grinch, which is currently available to stream on Netflix or to rent on Amazon for $3.99 (affiliate link). This is the version that was released at the end of 2018, so I doubt you'll need my review, but I'll tell you my thoughts...
To wrap up this string of Disney-themed Christmas prompts, I thought I'd share this 1979 TV commercial for Walt Disney Studios Merry Christmas Songs. You could get the double album along with a separate storybook album of Dickens' Christmas Carol for only $10.98. Some...