Pull out some of your frozen cranberries and make a cranberry fluff “salad”. This is similar to a Watergate salad (pistachio fluff) but uses cranberries instead of pistachio pudding. If you have used up all your frozen cranberries, then by all means just make the Watergate salad instead. (Link is to the original recipe, but note that I don’t use Cool Whip, I always make my own whipped cream instead.)
For the cranberry fluff, you’ll want to use a food processor. And this is one of those recipes that you’ll probably want to make the day before you want to serve it. But there’s no cooking involved so you don’t need to heat up your kitchen.
- 12 ounce package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Add the cranberries to a food processor and pulse until they are well chopped, but not mushy.
- Pour the cranberries into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and pineapple and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or longer. Drain most of the juice.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Pour in the cream and whip until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream blend into the cranberry blend. Fold in marshmallows.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
(Image credit: my own photos)
You might also like these posts…
Learn to bake homemade bread. This will come in handy for gift-giving at Christmas or any time. A gift of homemade bread and jam is very thoughtful. Way back in 2007, the book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day (affiliate link) was published, and for the first time...
(Image credit: Jill Wellington) Eggnog is probably now available in your grocery store. I like to buy a quart of 3 or 4 different brands and then have a taste test to see what I like best this year. This year (2020) my favorite is by Organic Valley. Once you’ve found...
Thanksgiving in the United States is in 3 weeks. Plan your Thanksgiving meal. If any part of it will be catered, order the items now. Are you having guests? Send your invitations or coordinate with your guests now. Will you need extra chairs, pack-n-plays, etc.?...