Take a day to plan out your calendar for the year, as much as you can. This may not feel very Christmas-y, but you are giving yourself the gift of time and lower stress. Schedule everything you can think of.
- Birthdays, anniversaries, other celebrations
- Important school dates
- Regular hair cuts, annual doctor visits, dental cleanings every 6 months
- Oil changes for your vehicles
- Annual home maintenance such as chimney inspections, HVAC maintenance and air duct cleaning, reminders to change your furnace filter, water pitcher filter, stovetop vent filter.
- Set up automatic refills for prescriptions – even better if you can arrange for mail order delivery.
- Schedule the fun things as well. Summer campouts, vacations, road trips.
Once you’ve gotten everything penciled onto the calendar, make all the appointments and reservations that you possibly can do now. Party reservations, doctor appointments, and especially reserving those summer camp sites because they go quickly!
You will feel such a sense of relief and accomplishment when all the phone calls have been made for the year and all the reminders have been scheduled.
You can use any calendar app or an app like Todoist to schedule reminders. Or just write them in whatever paper calendar you use.
(Image credit: Violka08)
You might also like these posts…
Schedule your quarterly planning session. Choose a day in April to plan your next 3 months, or do it today, if you can. Sit down with your calendar and review April, May, and June. Review your appointments, upcoming birthdays, anniversaries, cards to send. Go over...
This week we begin a new month and a new calendar quarter. Dividing the year in this fashion helps us to feel that “new year” feeling more than once annually. This is an especially fun quarter for fresh starts because we can’t help but feel new when spring is visually...
Easter Sunday is one month away! Start planning the most elaborate Victorian Easter egg hunt. (Not an affiliate link.) Or just a small Easter egg hunt. I just find that it helps if you plan it in advance. Last year I did an egg hunt with clues. Some of my clues...